All managers in the government sector face the real-world challenges of lowering the costs of information systems, whilst meeting increasing regulations for audit compliance and Freedom of Information. At the same time you face the challenges of implementing new systems such as Microsoft SharePoint, mobile computing, updating websites and exploiting cloud computing, as your budgets are being cut.
This Workshop updates you on the new approaches that have emerged that will help you to overcome these difficult challenges in 2011, enabling you to meet your financial, technical and operational targets. It delivers impartial vendor-independent research, expert analysis and practical insights that
- Show you how to make savings on your existing information systems,
- by illustrating the latest purchasing techniques and return on investment approaches, as well as arming you with buying practices that the product and services vendors do not want you to know;
- Enable you to adopt-vendor-independent approaches,
- That show how you can replace obsolete approaches without massive investment, and improve the user's experience.
- Update you on the features, advantages and benefits of the new MoReq2010 Specification
- That is supported by the EU Commission and recommended by Richard Blake, Senior Manager Public Sector Team, National Archives of the UK who recently commented: "We welcome the announcement of updated MoReq2010 specification that will encourage wider adoption of electronic records management throughout the UK. We support the use of standards and MoReq2010 is a valuable addition to the family of standards referenced by the information and record management community within the UK. We would recommend that as a relevant record management standard MoReq2010 should be used by organisations to inform the development of specifications for new systems required for the management of records."
- Inform you of new technical architectures that are not just visions
- We will provide you with the practical reality that updates your IT strategy and makes it relevant to your 2011 challenges.
- Illustrate what modern Information Management policy and practices look like,
- That direct and control the every-day use of email, laptops, shared drives, SharePoint, intranets, Websites, printers and faxes, thus enabling you to meet FOI and other information regulatory requirements.
- Enable you to ask the crucial questions and gain relevant answers
- about your own specific challenges and opportunities, during the Workshop and afterwards, in pre-bookable One-on-One Conference calls or via a Webinar Forum after the Workshop
- Empowers you with a MoReq2010 Workbook
- This workbook will enable you to go back to your organisation and start to make savings and increase control operationally, without needing a Consultant.
To register for the MoReq2010 workshops, go to: www.publicsectorforums.co.uk or phone Nick Hill on 0161 408 7410